Transferring your pension
When you move your pension to another provider, this is known as transferring your pension.
You can usually transfer your pension both before and after you start taking an income. However, this may vary depending on the provider so it is important to check before you start using your pension pot.
There are both benefits and risks to transferring your pension, so it’s important to take financial advice before taking any action.
In this guide:
- Defined contribution pension transfer
- Defined benefit pension transfer
- Benefits and risks of transferring a pension
- When you must take financial advice
- Identifying pensions scams